From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Allow bash-4.0 features in EAPI="3" ebuilds
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 19:22:03
1 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
2 > 2009-05-17 18:37:32 Ciaran McCreesh napisał(a):
3 >> On Sun, 17 May 2009 18:20:21 +0200
4 >> Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever.fta@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> I would like to suggest to include possibility of using of features of
6 >>> bash-4.0 (and older versions) in local scope of EAPI="3" ebuilds.
7 >>>
8 >>> I know that it's slightly late, but this change is very easy to
9 >>> implement (adjusting RDEPEND of new versions of package managers and
10 >>> updating PMS).
11 >> No good, for two reasons.
12 >>
13 >> First, this is a global scope change
14 >
15 > Why do you think that it is a global scope change?
16
17 Because he wants to push GLEP 55.
20 Ben de Groot
21 Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)
22 Gentoo Linux Release Engineering PR liaison