From: "Kevin F. Quinn (Gentoo)" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages that need maintainers
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 06:40:29
1 On Thu, 4 May 2006 21:20:48 -0500
2 spradlim <spradlim@××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > I have a question that I havn't been able to find that is somewhat
5 > related to the following email. I know and understand Linux very
6 > well. I also know how ebuilds work. So how do I go about maintaining
7 > packages and getting them into portage. For example I would like to
8 > maintain a munin, munin-plugin, and tightvnc ebuild. Where can I
9 > find this information. I don't know where to start.
10
11 Gentoo Developer Handbook, "Becoming a developer"
12 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=2
13
14 In the first instance, do the work on bugzilla. Look for open bugs for
15 existing packages, and post fixes/patches there. For packages not
16 currently in portage, raise a new bug.
19 Kevin F. Quinn