From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] cmake-utils.eclass: two improvements
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 09:49:03
1 Hello all,
2
3 I propose two improvements to cmake-utils eclass:
4
5 1. Set default documentation directory
6
7 cmake allows to specify default docs installation directory
8 (analogue of --docdir for configure script), but cmake-utils.eclass
9 does nothing in this regard and many ebuilds in tree contain the
10 same duplicated code:
11
12 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_DOCDIR=/usr/share/doc/${PF}
13
14 I propose to add this to the eclass, thus ebuilds can be
15 simplified. See attached patch.
16
17 2. Disable rpath for non-prefix builds
18
19 cmake allows to disable RPATH linking (enabled by default), this
20 leads to insecure rpath warning during install phase checks, logs
21 show that build directory (-Wl,-rpath /var/tmp/portage/...) is
22 added to linker options.
23
24 Many ebuilds fix this by adding one of the following or similar
26 -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=ON
27 -DENABLE_RPATH=OFF
28 -DCMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH=OFF
29
30 I propose to add this functionality to the eclass, thus ebuilds can
31 be simplified. See attached patch.
32
33 Comments?
34
35 Best regards,
36 Andrew Savchenko

cmake-utils.eclass-docdir.patch text/x-diff
cmake-utils.eclass-rpath.patch text/x-diff