From: Alec Joseph Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: regular project updates
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:18:30
1 Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > as the debate about the future direction of Gentoo continues it's
5 > getting more and more obvious to me that there's a lack of information
6 > skewing the debate. It seems that while most devs (and users) have a
7 > good idea what's happening in "their" projects it's quite difficult to
8 > see what is happening in other projects.
9 >
10 > So - as GWN monkey - I'm offering my services as aggregator for project
11 > updates. Maybe someone from the doc project wants to help to get this
12 > information put on the website so that it's visible?
13 >
14 > I suggest project updates every 6 months (which roughly is the same
15 > timeframe as releases)
16 > Maybe this helps people get a "global vision" of where Gentoo is and
17 > where it's going.
18 >
19 > Any feedback appreciated :-)
20 >
21 > wkr,
22 > Patrick
23
24 I would prefer quarterly, but anything is better than the present.
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list