From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Unused ebuild built_with_use cleanup
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:33:08
I wrote a script to check which ebuilds use built_with_use and have
keywords in never versions making the ebuild unused. This means that
neither arch or ~arch users are likely to install the ebuild. The script
and the list of ebuilds is attached. I plan on removing all these
ebuilds two weeks from now unless a reason is given why not to. If you
see an ebuild on the list that should be kept, please migrate it to EAPI
2. If you need assistance in migrating, I can help. With these gone
built_with_use usage will be down to about 600:

betelgeuse@pena /usr/portage $ grep --include "*.ebuild" built_with_use
-r . | wc -l;
betelgeuse@pena ~/bin $ wc -l ebuilds_to_nuke.txt
317 ebuilds_to_nuke.txt