From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecate EAPI1?
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:29:23
1 On 03/11/12 20:01, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > After reading previous discussion:
3 > http://help.lockergnome.com/linux/gentoo-dev-Deprecate-EAPIs--ftopict530567.html
4 >
5 > Looks like preventing NEW commits from using eapi1 (via repoman) could
6 > be done without major issues. This could even being done also for eapi2
7 > as it's close enough to eapi3, but I don't have a strong opinion about
8 > eapi2 deprecation (personally, I try to always use latest eapi if eclass
9 > allows me to do so).
10 >
11 > Any thoughts on this?
12
13 I'd deprecate eapi2 too, we don't need 5 flavours around when we
14 effectively only want to support one (and eapi0 in a few places)
15
16 I wouldn't mind having a deprecation timeline for eapi3 too (now +6
17 months maybe?), but there's no need to rush things.