From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Change layout of distfiles
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:01:47
1 On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 07:59:14AM -0500 or thereabouts, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > I believe the Infrastructure team also doesn't want to change the
3 > layout, but I'll leave it up to them to comment on their own policy ;)
4
5 We'd love to change the layout to something similar to what Michael
6 proposed. It's the actual changeover process that scares the bejesus out
7 of us. Many of our mirrors have diligent, professional admins who will
8 work with us to make the change. Some of our other mirrors don't. It's
9 easy to say, "well, screw those others, then" except when you consider that
10 our users will be the ones to feel the pain if a mirror doesn't pick up on
11 the change (or support the necessary sym/hard linking mojo to make it work)
12
13 If we can come up with a seamless, painless transition process, great,
14 let's make it happen.
15
16 --kurt