From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Who is willing to be lead?
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:02:24
1 On Saturday 10 April 2010 16:53:48 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > As people seem to want the council to take action I offer to take
3 > action. As it's impossible for me to do everything myself I offer to act
4 > as a project manager/owner for people willing to donate their time to
5 > whatever I see worthy for Gentoo as whole like the web page redesign.
6 > Basically you tell me how many hours you have and I'll give you stuff to
7 > work on. It might not be glorious at times like cleaning up a piece of
8 > documentation but why not spend an hour a week on something that
9 > benefits the project? If people are interested, I'll work out the details.
10 >
11 > Regards,
12 > Petteri
13 That's not a good reaction from your side. Independent projects can handle the
14 incoming manpower themselves.
15
16 The whole point behind the web page redevelopment is that none is showing to
17 users or developers a clear way to get involved with it. Who is resposible for
18 the webpage? How can somebody get involved? etc. I can't event answer these
19 questions myself being a developer for more than a year.
20 --
21 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
22 Gentoo Linux Developer
23 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org