From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Gentoo Wiki Project
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:01:11
1 On 12 April 2010 15:22, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 12 April 2010 18:49, George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 12/04/2010 14:17, Arun Raghavan wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> On 12 April 2010 18:43, George Prowse<george.prowse@×××××.com>  wrote:
6 >>> [...]
7 >>>>
8 >>>> If you are arguing that the name is ambiguous then I think you are wrong.
9 >>>> Gentoo knows about the unofficial wiki and knows it's mission is to help
10 >>>> Gentoo and not to hinder it. Gentoo hardly makes a habit of Apple-like
11 >>>> litigation when trying to protect it's logo.
12 >>>
13 >>> I think the argument is that the wiki is not always accurate, and if
14 >>> perceived as the official documentation, can put is in bad light.
15 >>>
16 >> There is *always* a chance of that, official or otherwise
17 >
18 > Which the Wiki team should really be addressing before making a
19 > world-editable wiki.
20
21 If you're talking about the offical wiki, we are addressing that
22 problem. If you are talking about the unofficial one, I can only
23 agree.
24
25 Cheers,
26 --