From: Pablo Antonio <pabloa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - Gentoo Knowledge Base
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:43:47
1 On 15:17 Wed 17 May , Kristian Gavran wrote:
2 > Sven Vermeulen wrote:
3 > >Hi all,
4 > >
5 > >For some time now, the idea of a Gentoo Knowledge Base, like RedHat [1]
6 > >and Microsoft [2] do, has been brewing in Andrés Pereira and my minds. Not
7 > >only that, but a feature request was also filed some time ago [3] and just
8 > >recently a forum thread was started for it [4].
9 > >
10 > >So, what is this about?
11 >
12 > Why reinvent the wheel?!?
13 > Gentoo has a really nice wiki: <http://gentoo-wiki.com/Main_Page>
14
15 As I said to Andrés yesterday, I think this is a good alternative.
16 AFAIK, the Knowledge Base will be an official source of information
17 (only developers will be able to post there) and that makes it more
18 reliable - I'm not saying that wiki is not trustworthy though. Also, the
19 KB will have specific answers for specific questions. That makes it a
20 good place to redirect people asking certain stuff on IRC.
24 > --
25 > Kristian Gavran
26 >
27 > E-Mail: ml@×××××.net