From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: reduce conflicts, separate keywording from ebuilds
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:58:39
1 To my fellow arguing Gentoo developers,
2
3 due to the recent conflict concerning keywording I want to propose to
4 separate keywording completely from ebuilds. The keywords would reside
5 in a special file in profiles/, maybe even in more than one file to
6 allow more granular permissions. For example only mips developers can
7 access
8 the mips keywording file then.
9
10 The arch team can then decide themselves which ebuild they want to mark
11 ~arch and they can take care of possible new dependencies themselves.
12
13 Also currently kde keywording/stabling needs ~300 commits. The problem
14 being that all changes files also get transferred in a rsync. A separate
15 keywording file would be the only one changed thus greatly reducing the
16 sync time.
17
18 comments?
19