From: Tom Prado <tprado@×××××××.net>
To: Gertjan <g.zwartjes@×××××××××××.nl>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACPI in gentoo
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:57:36
1 cat /proc/acpi/info should tell you what version it's using.
2
3 There's also the acpi-sources ebuild that has newer acpi patches. It's
4 a little behind at the moment, I think it has a December release. I had
5 to modify it to pull in the latest acpi patch. lolo-sources usually
6 has newer acpi too. It might work for you.
7
8 Brandon, if you're listening, acpi-sources needs to be version bumped.
9 I changed these variables:
10 ACPI_PATCH="acpi-20030218-2.4.21-pre4.diff.gz"
11 KERN_PATCH="patch-2.4.21-pre4.bz2"
12
13 and uncommented the KERN_PATCH bits later in the ebuild.
16 Tom
19 Gertjan wrote:
20 > Hi,
21 >
22 > I use the gentoo-sources kernel on my ASUS L3400D laptop. I would like to
23 > get suspend to RAM working... When I execute "echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep"
24 > nothing happens. Sleep states 1 and 5 work perfectly. I would like to know
25 > if somebody can help me with this. Also, I would like to know what version
26 > of the ACPI4Linux patch is included with gentoo-sources, or at least where
27 > I can find that version.
28 >
29 > Actually, I don't even know if suspend is already supported in the
30 > kernel... Maybe this is the wrong place to ask these questions, but I
31 > first want to know what version of the ACPI patch is in the Gentoo kernel,
32 > before I inquire at the ACPI mailing lists. Hopefully there are people on
33 > this list that can answer my other questions too.
34 >
35 > Gertjan
36 >
37 > --