From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [POLICY] Keywording/Stabilizing Bug Assignment Policy
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:03:29
1 On Tuesday 17 April 2007 21:36, Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 14:56 -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
4 > >> I would like to take this time to note and re-affirm the proper bug
5 > >> assignment policy and have it noted somewhere officially in Gentoo
6 > >> Policy.
7 > >>
8 > >> Bugs that are created for the purpose of getting arches to keyword or
9 > >> stabilize a particular package should initially be assigned to the
10 > >> herd/maintainer of said package with all requested arches being CCed.
11 > >> Once all but the last arch has keyworded said package, it is acceptable
12 > >> and proper for a bug wrangler and/or maintainer/herd to re-assign the
13 > >> bug to the last remaining arch and they remove that arch from CC. They
14 > >> should add their herd/maintainer to the CC of the bug.
15 > >>
16 > >> Once the last remaining arch has completed the bug, it is up to them to
17 > >> close it. They know it's up to them to close it since the bug is
18 > >> assigned directly to them.
19 > >>
20 > >> This helps keep bugzilla tidy and makes it easy to identify
21 > >> stabilization/keywording requests which are a priority for that arch to
22 > >> take care of.
23 > >
24 > > This is in direct conflict with the security bug policy handling which
25 > > end up putting the maintainer on the CC: along with the arches.
26 > >
27 > > Also please don't cross post.
28 > >
29 > > -solar
30 >
31 > Then can we officially say this is at the discretion of the maintainer
32 > of said package then?
33 Security bugs are assigned to security for all their lifetime and we handle
34 all bug wrangling. But if that is the only exception a simple note should
35 suffice.
38 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
39 Gentoo Linux Security Team