From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer needed: dev-python/pivy sci-libs/opencascade media-gfx/freecad
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:27:02
1 Dear all,
2
3 once upon a time I thought it was a good idea to have FreeCAD (and its rdeps
4 pivy and opencascade) in the Gentoo tree. However, this turned out to be
5 painful, especially since I'm not really working with it anymore.
6
7 (pivy is dead upstream and does not build with gcc-4.7, opencascade is a HUGE
8 library set maintained by a company with a community fork by now, all is
9 rather, err, interesting code and build systems. License situation is
10 complicated.)
11
12 If you're interested, please pick the packages up; otherwise I'll drop all
13 three packages to maintainer-needed in a few days.
14
15 Cheers,
16 Andreas
19 Andreas K. Huettel
20 Gentoo Linux developer
21 kde (team lead), sci, tex, arm, printing
22 dilfridge@g.o
23 http://www.akhuettel.de/