From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: changing the developer profile: FEATURES="test" -> FEATURES="test-fail-continue"
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:49:03
1 On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:11:45 +0200
2 "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > What do you think about doing the following change in
5 > /usr/portage/profiles/targets/developer/make.defaults:
6
7 [..]
8
9 > What do you think?
10
11 I've never felt any need or obligation to use a developer profile. I
12 don't think I ever saw any announcement to that effect either. What is
13 the use of a developer profile?[1]
14
15 Someone in the know, please sell it to me. :)
18 Regards,
19 jer
22 [1] I've seen developers complain more and more about failing test
23 suites. Maybe that's a related issue? Developers now use the
24 FEATURES set out in a developer profile and can then extract some
25 kind of validity claim from the fact that I obviously didn't do my QA?
26 That would explain a lot.