From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] virtuals
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 17:05:42
1 Hi guys.
2
3 So, I wanted to go ahead about adding virtual/blas, but apparently virtuals
4 have changed quite a bit since I had to do this last time..
5
6 I remember the discussion about virtuals going hierarchial and I can see it in
7 place (with base/virtuals having bunch of definitions and the bunch of arch
8 specific stuff very little), but I can also see some of the profiles (releng
9 related?) having what looks like a fuul list as well. Oh, and this page
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/policy.xml
11 is apparently outdated on this issue...
12
13 So, do I just add a virtual to base/virtuals and it gets picked up by releng
14 team or do I have to add it to releng profiles as well (if yes, then to which
15 ones)?
16
17 Oh, to answer some questions that would be sure to follow :),
18 yes, this has been discussed on this lists (look few month back - this puppy
19 sure took some work), but to quicklu\y give an idea. BLAS is a Basic Computer
20 Algebra System library and, naturally, there exist multiple implementatios.
21 We in a sci team are working on making it possible to mix and match these
22 implementations as you go (yea, scientists want weird stuff all the time :))
23 and adding a few more enhancements, but this will all be described in a
24 separate email on the blas subsystem in gentoo shortly (after I get an answer
25 naturally :)). Now I am only gonna refer anybody interested in details to
26 #30453.
27
28 George
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list