From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Disabling some of our Mail Lists
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:05:49
1 On Wednesday 21 April 2010 14:28:13 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > - gpg control packet
3 >
4 > On 21-04-2010 04:59, Vincent Launchbury wrote:
5 > > On 04/20/10 22:52, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
6 > >> Hello,
7 > >> As suggested in bug 291860, I am heading up an infra cleanup project to
8 > >> disable/close some mailing lists. Since the list is quite large, I want
9 > >> to send it out for RFC.
10 > >
11 > > Going by archives.gentoo.org stats, the following lists are also
12 > > inactive, and are all listed as 'Primary Gentoo Mailing Lists' at
13 > > www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml
14 > >
15 > > If there's a reason to keep any of them, perhaps they should be split
16 > > off to a 'Low-traffic Lists' section, as I can't see them being of much
17 > > use to most people.
18 > >
19 > > gentoo-devrel
20 > >
21 > > 2010 - 0 posts
22 > > 2009 - 1 post
23 > > 2008 - 2 posts
24 > > 2007 - 8 posts
25 >
26 > IIRC, this list was created to promote a way for developers to discuss
27 > Developer Relations policies.
28 > Even though this is likely to be most of the time a low traffic list, I
29 > think it still has merit - unless we chose to promote such discussions
30 > on a different "forum".
31 Yes but we ( as developers ) tend to handle devrel bugs in a different way.
32 That is open bugs and assign it to devrel. INHO this mailing list is useless
33 --
34 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
35 Gentoo Linux Developer
36 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org