From: "Sascha Wüstemann" <sascha.wuestemann@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Netboot install without floppy nor a cdrom device
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:08:07
1 Hi developers,
2
3 based on the information Netboot install of your Gentoo Linux
4 alternative installation method HOWTO I have found a way how to
5 install gentoo on a computer that has no floppy nor a cdrom device
6 using netboot.
7
8 there are few people who might be interested in this, but if you are
9 interested, please read http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=13506
10
11 it describes the way I started, which software I used and finally how I
12 solved the problem that had arised.
13
14 btw: why at all using a floppy with grub to use tftp if you don't need
15 that? ok, not all nics can do netboot...
16
17 regards,
18 Sascha aka khippy
21 Linux, the choice | The problem with being best man at a
22 of a GNU generation -o) | wedding is that you never get a chance to
23 Kernel 2.2.21 /\ | prove it.
24 on a i586 _\_v |
25 |