From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage Features That Depend on Binaries [WAS: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Re: 2.1 release candidate soon? ]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 03:30:28
1 Philipp Riegger wrote:
2 > On Apr 15, 2006, at 6:10 PM, Duncan wrote:
3 >
4 >>> But i really think this is not about helping but about confusion. If i
5 >>> post my emerge --info you don't know if i really use confcache even
6 >>> if i
7 >>> have FEATURES="confcache", because emerge --info does not say if i have
8 >>> emerged confcache and, if i have emerged it, which version it is. I
9 >>> think
10 >>> this should also be listed in emerge --info.
13 >> Very good point.
16 > Should i file a bug on this?
17 >
18 > Philipp
21 Nope, lets bring it to -dev ( yay crossposting )
22
23 The issue for those on the -dev ML, is that portage has some features
24 that require binaries ( sandbox, ccache, confcache ) and so you need two
25 things for them to work. You need FEATURES={sandbox,ccache,confcache}
26 and you need each package installed. The FEATURES line is already
27 printed. sandbox is already in info_pkgs.
28
29 Is there any problem with adding dev-util/confcache and dev-util/ccache
30 to info_pkgs?
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list