From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: "Gentoo Dev." <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge with portage 1.6.7
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 06:38:51
1 tis 2001-09-11 klockan 10.59 skrev Kevin Gordon:
2
3 > > This sounds like some problems with FreeType (which freetype do you have
4 > > installed?)
5 >
6 > ebuild freetype-2.0.1-r1.ebuild (first)
7 > ebuild freetype-1.3.1-r2.ebuild (Daniel advised me to install the older
8 > version to overcome a problem. I think it was with libgd-1.8.3-r1)
9
10 Yes, libgd needs freetype-1.3.1 but I don't think there will be a
11 problem with both freetype2 and freetype1 (I think I have them both at
12 home).
13
14 Hmm, I had no problems building librsvg 1.0.1.
15
16 Could you try to remove all old packages and libraries from your system
17 and update to latest package of all of Nautilus dependencies. If you
18 find out which package is too old, please let me know and I'll update
19 the dependency line.
20
21 > > Yes, I'm using Evolution and it works just fine, if you try to open a
22 > > gnome-terminal. Then type:
23 > >
24 > > oaf-slay
25 > > killev
26 > >
27 > > and then start Evolution in that terminal-window. What errors do you get
28 > > when you try to open the composer.
29 >
30 > Carried out steps above. In gnome terminal: .....activated successfully:
31 > contacts, My Evolution, vtrash, mailstorge, mail, schema 'mailto', tasks,
32 > calendar. Two message boxes "Could not create composer window" followed by
33 > "Unable to retrieve message from editor". Does this make any sense Mikael?
34
35 Hmm, not really :) Haven't seen it before.
36 Perhaps it solves by updating and removing old libraries.
37
38 Regards,
39 Mikael Hallendal
43 Mikael Hallendal
44 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
45 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden