From: Dominik Westner <lists@×××××××××××.com>
To: mike <vapier@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] questions about /var/run and pids
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:55:00
1 Hi Mike,
2
3 well I know about start-stop-daemon.
4
5 So you say, that instead of using a daemon's write pid feature (if it
6 can be disabled at all) I should use start-stop-daemons write pid
7 feature?
8
9 I haven't tried it out lately, but I always thought that this feature
10 only works for executables which don't daemonize themselves. (I might
11 be wrong here.).
12
13 Thanks
14