From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [fyi] lddtree magic
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 17:54:58
1 On Wednesday 10 April 2013 13:40:17 Fabio Erculiani wrote:
2 > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 10 April 2013 12:42:14 Fabio Erculiani wrote:
4 > >> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > >> > On Wednesday 10 April 2013 06:04:00 Fabio Erculiani wrote:
6 > >> >> It looks like you're not using a standard style guide for Python but
7 > >> >> rather this one [1].
8 > >> >> I suggest you to use something closer to PEP8.
9 > >> >
10 > >> > no
11 > >>
12 > >> Good arguments! As usual I'd say.
13 > >
14 > > sorry, but i didn't think stating the obvious was necessary. i authored
15 > > the entire tool, and the one maintaining the code, so yes, i get the
16 > > liberty to use whatever coding style pleases me. you provide no
17 > > reasoning whatsoever as to why PEP8 is "better". i doubt the style
18 > > choice is going make any difference whatsoever to contributions for
19 > > people including yourself.
20 >
21 > I guess that you're new to Python then. Anyway, mine was just an
22 > advice, yours was just the same old rude answer.
23
24 i guess you haven't actually read the style guides. the differences between
25 PEP8 and the Google style guide are minor. anyone who is dissuaded from
26 making changes because of those differences most likely isn't going to
27 contribute anything useful in the first place.
28
29 people who do the actual work get a say in these things.
30 -mike