From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] */*: Mask Py2 only packages
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:56:15
1 On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 2:45 PM John Helmert III <jchelmert3@××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 07:32:04AM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
4 > > On 2020-06-24 16:08, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > >
6 > > > $ git grep -l mgorny@g.o '**/metadata.xml' | cut -d/ -f1-2 |
7 > > > xargs gpy-py2 2>/dev/null
8 > > find -L "${REPO}" \
9 > maint=$(pquery ${pkg} --one-attr maintainers | tail -1)
10
11 Great, so now we have 4 ways (and counting) to get 4 answers to this
12 question that hopefully will be mostly the same.
13
14 My point is more that it makes more sense for one person to just file
15 the bugs or send out the list so that maintainers can go fix their
16 packages, as opposed to playing a game where every developer in Gentoo
17 independently engineers a solution to the same problem. If some
18 maintainers decide not to play the game, or play it and make a
19 mistake, then it ends up being the python team or the users who lose.
20
21 If a maintainer ignores a blocker bug for too long nobody is going to
22 shed a tear over some treecleaning. Spending a bit more time on
23 communication might save a lot more time in cleanup.
26 Rich