From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] multiple emerge packages
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 08:25:41
1 A problem is when the second package need the first package or when the
2 second packagen eed a package which need the first package. emerge don't
3 know about other processes running. So it don't see if i compile qt-x11
4 (which need xfree) on the first console and on the second console compile
5 gtk (which also need xfree) when qt-x11 is compiling xfree and gtk detects
6 that it need xfree it will delete the source-tree and update it. So the
7 first console (and qt-x11) will fail.
8
9 This could be a nice feature for next release's
10
11 Sebastian
12
13 -----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
14 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
15 [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org]Im Auftrag von Parag Mehta
16 Gesendet: Samstag, 30. Juni 2001 15:09
17 An: gentoo-dev@g.o
18 Betreff: [gentoo-dev] multiple emerge packages
21 Hi,
22
23 can we run multiple emerge pkg's simultaneously ?
24
25 for ex.
26
27 emerge xfree4.1.0.ebuild is running...
28 compilation of xfree server takes almost 2hrs.
31 while this compilation is going on can we emege any other package or we
32 can't ???
33
34 regards,
35 pm