From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] dev-util/eclipse-sdk-bin end-of-life
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:06:57
1 Hi.
2
3 I'm on the prowl again. This time, I'm removing the eclipse-sdk-bin
4 ebuild, as
5
6 1) it only exists as ~x86 and ~ppc (that is, marked as unstable
7 on x86 and ppc, and not even available on any other platforms).
8 2) it has been superceeded by dev-util/eclipse-sdk, which is
9 the ebuild we'll provide support for in the future.
10
11 For those of you with this version of eclipse-sdk-bin installed,
12 next time you do an update of your system, your installed
13 dev-util/eclipse-sdk-bin package will be renamed in the portage
14 database to dev-util/eclipse-sdk, after which you'll notice that
15 it's upgradeable to a newer version.
16
17 I strongly suggest you perform the upgrade, and report back any
18 bugs to bugs.gentoo.org. We are aware that the "Completing
19 install..." splash will pop up every time you start eclipse. This
20 is an issue that's being worked on upstream (ie, by the eclipse
21 team themselves).
24 Kind regards,
25
26 Karl T
29 PS. We'll be removing all the other -bin packages for eclipse
30 related tools as well. You can help making this process quicker
31 by submitting new ebuilds that build the -bin packages from
32 source.
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list