From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting summaries for August & September
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:03:45
1 Hi all,
2
3 I just posted the summaries from August & September meetings. The
4 complete summaries & logs are at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/.
5 Here's the most important bits:
6
7 - EAPI=2 is approved for use in the tree. Portage 2.2_rc10 supports it.
8 The features are documented in multiple places, including:
9 - http://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/doc/portage.html#package-ebuild-eapi-2-draft
10 - A list in a PMS appendix that refers to the relevant
11 sections. `emerge app-doc/pms` to get it.
12
13 - PROPERTIES="interactive" is approved for use in the tree. It indicates
14 that user interaction is required during pkg_setup() or src_unpack().
15 See http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_e145fc04e907de72e30d88285afb134c.xml
16 for details. This is outside of any individual EAPI because it is an
17 optionally handled value. It is a backwards-compatible EAPI change so
18 had to be approved by the council.
19
20 - The PROPERTIES variable will be added to the metadata cache. It will
21 be used to inform package managers of various properties of a package.
22 This is related to EAPI so it's an issue determined by package-manager
23 developers, not by the council.
24
25 - PMS is now a draft standard for EAPI=0. This means that conflicts
26 between portage behavior and the PMS are bugs to be resolved by
27 changing one of the two. Unresolvable conflicts will be escalated to
28 the council.
29
30 - Devrel sets policy on whether fired developers should be banned from
31 the places where they did the things that got them fired.
32
33 - Cardoe filled the slot left empty by flameeyes's departure for health
34 reasons.
35
36 - All our docs should be updated to refer to irc.gentoo.org instead of
37 irc.freenode.net.
40 Thanks,
41 Donnie
42