From: Justin Vander Ziel <zielot@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] /etc/rc.d/init.d/isapnp has incorrect path
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:10:08
1 As of a couple of days ago, I had not yet seen anything in the gentoo-dev
2 discussion lists about this problem. Apparently most of you lucky folks have
3 moved on from the old isapnp hardware. However, for those unlucky few among
4 your users, this problem should be fixed: there are two places in the
5 /etc/rc.d/init.d/isapnp script where the path is incorrectly listed as (at
6 least as of 1.0_rc5) path of "/sbin/isapnp". The correct path (again, as of
7 1.0_rc5) is /usr/sbin/isapnp
8
9 Also, isapnp kernel support does not work for the vast majority of old
10 isapnp devices it seems (the CMI8330 aka SoundPro chip, for one) and the
11 alsa module isapnp seems to conflict with the isapnp package tools.
12 Unfortunately, I have yet to lick this configuration issue so I cannot be
13 definitive about any of this except to say that plug-and-pray is a curse I
14 would hesitate to call down upon anyone except my worst enemies.
15
16 Justin Vander Ziel
17 mailto:zielot@××××××××××.com