From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:00:42
1 On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 > > In the past when smaller arches were not that active we used to mark
6 > > Java packages stable after testing by at least one arch team. The
7 > > probability to find arch specific issues in something like Java is not
8 > > so high so I think arrangements like this are acceptable when the arch
9 > > teams have problems keeping up.
12 > I think the same should be extended to other languages such as Perl
13 > and Python (unless they have portions which are C/C++)
16 You can't really, although Perl has a vm of sorts, the per-arch differences
17 that occur as a side effect of endianness, different floating point/integer
18 math ( 32bit vs 64bit ) , and all those differences impact code.
19
20 and XS modules of course, they're prone to everything C is prone to.
23 Kent
24
25 perl -e "print substr( \"edrgmaM SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3, 3 )
26 for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 );"