From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-headers
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:41:57
1 On Wednesday 05 June 2002 18:03, Brandon Low wrote:
2 > The linux headers should only really be changed when you upgrade glibc,
3 > otherwise things get out of sync, perhaps we should upgrade the headers
4 > automatically in the glibc ebuild from the currently installed kernel.
5
6 Right, I think the linux-headers should be no normal package but get installed
7 from the kernel includes that are present when you compile glibc. And perhaps
8 a lil reminder somwhere. Many people don't know that it's supposed to be this
9 way. (e.g. ppl coming from redhat only know about symlinks in that dir at
10 least in 6 it was that way, dunno about 7)
11
12 Alex
15 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
16 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
17 Benjamin Franklin