From: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: Qt version 4.5.2 news item
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:35:57
1 On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:16, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 > GLEP 42 says that you should wrap lines at 72 columns.
3 >
4 > Ulrich
5
6 Correct, I was sure I'd miss something.
7 Thanks :)
8
9 Title: Qt 4.5.2 default USE flag changes
10 Author: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
11 Content-Type: text/plain
12 Posted: 2009-09-23
13 Revision: 1
14 News-Item-Format: 1.0
15 Display-If-Installed: <x11-libs/qt-core-4.5.2
16
17 Qt version 4.5.2 has significant changes in the USE flags enabled by
18 default.
19
20 When upgrading, make sure you check and re-enable any USE flags you
21 need.
22
23 Depending on your system and installed packages, you might hit an issue
24 where Portage is getting confused by this USE flag change, trying to mix
25 old 4.5.1 ebuilds with new 4.5.2 ones, resulting in blocks.
26
27 If this happens to you, please add the offending USE flags (usually
28 'qt3support' and 'dbus') in your USE= or switch to a desktop profile
29 (eselect profile list). Check this post [0] for more details on this
30 issue.
31
32 [0] http://www.linuxized.com/p192
35 Alex || wired