From: Sherman Boyd <shermanb@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Please help doing good looking graphics for Gentoo.
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:17:57
1 Sounds like a good time to have a graphics contest. Put an
2 announcement up on www.gentoo.org, and maybe try to recruit
3 some guys from #blender3d or #gimp. I'm still ascending the
4 blender learning curve (not to mention the linux learning curve!)
5 but I'll look and see where I can lend a hand.
6
7 There is a KDE themes tutorial on dW:
8 http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/linux-onlinecourse-bytitle/B390A002F1F75BD186256A29005F94ED?Open&l=kde3,t=gr,p=KDE-Tutorial
9
10 I wouldn't mind administrating and organizing a contest, but it
11 would have to wait until September 4th - I will be at Linuxworld!
12
13 Cheers,
14
15 Sherman Boyd
18 -----Original Message-----
19 From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
20 Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 5:53 PM
21 To: <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
22 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Please help doing good looking graphics for Gentoo.
26 Hi!
27
28 This is an excellent oppurtunity for non hacking people that want to
29 contribute to Gentoo Linux. We need nice graphcis which we can use at
30 various places (in grub, gdm/kdm, backgrounds etc.)
31
32 Here are some examples on how the graphics will get used:
33
34 grub (boot loader):
35
36 Current grub image: http://cvs.gentoo.org/images/boot3.png
37 In action (taken with dig. cam):
38 http://micke.hallendal.net/gentoo_splash.jpg
39
40 gdm:
41 http://micke.hallendal.net/images/gdm_gentoo/gdm_gentoo1.png
42
43 here we have two different images, the background and the logo.
44
45 backgrounds:
46 in various sizes (preferable well scaling images).
47 Example at: http://micke.hallendal.net/desktop.png
48
49 So, please start up gimp or whichever is your favorite drawing program
50 and start making great looking gentoo graphics.
51
52 Regards,
53 Mikael Hallendal
57 Mikael Hallendal
58 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
59 Stockholm, Sweden
63 gentoo dev mailing list
64 gentoo dev@××××××××××.org