From: Dan Meltzer <hydrogen@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 4 alpha 1 packages for Gentoo?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 13:55:29
1 On Thursday 03 May 2007 9:12:35 am Jos Poortvliet wrote:
2 > Dear people,
3 >
4 > In a few days KDE 4 alpha 1 will be released, and we would like to give as
5 > many people as possible the opportunity to have a look at the next
6 > generation linux desktop. Thus an article is being prepared to explain to
7 > people how they can obtain KDE 4 Alpha 1 packages. A Suse-based livecd
8 > exists, and packages will be available for Suse, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and
9 > OS X, but we haven't heard from the Gentoo community yet. So, as to ensure
10 > the article will be reasonable complete, we'd like to inquire if Gentoo
11 > will have Alpha 1 packages available to it's users.
12 >
13 AFAIK, kde4 alpha one packages will be availible in the same overlay as the
14 kde4 tech preview packages and the kde4 live svn packages, that is--the kde4
15 overlay.
16 > We thank you for any comments on this matter.
17 >
18 > Greetings,
21 > Jos Poortvliet
22 >