From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 23:17:39
1 On Thursday 02 August 2001 00:27, you wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > Just a few questions :-
5 >
6 > 1. Problem with my isp cuts me off at regular intervals, so is
7 > it posible to install gentoo by downloading the pkgs ect. install
8 > scripts and install from a partition.
9 > 2. GCC can compile for the K6 family of processors can portage
10 > add this option not i586.
11 There *are* k6 options in make.conf. Make sure you have the latest make.conf
12 though. I'm not sure about the original k6 however. For k6-2 and k6-III it
13 works.
17 Dan Armak
18 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
19 Matan, Israel