From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stabilisation procedure
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:01:15
1 On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 06:16:27PM +1100, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > ==== USE flags ====
3 >
4 > While it is preferable to test every USE flag combination, this is not
5 > always possible or appropriate. The package may have a large number of
6 > USE flags, a long compile time, or the stabilisation in question may
7 > just not call for it.
8 >
9 > In cases where all USE flags combinations are not being tested, it is
10 > still recommended to test:
11 > * with all USE flags enabled
12 > * with all USE flags disabled
13
14 Does this mean we are changing our policy to support users running
15 USE="-*"? I'm asking for clarification because in the past we have
16 always told users that if they do that they are on their own.
17
18 William