From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo-hosted code review
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 12:49:19
1 On 03/11/15 06:24, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
3 >> The way I see it, keeping review and committing/pushing separate is a
4 >> good thing, and removes a lot of the concerns about hosting a review
5 >> platform as it is sufficient with read-access to repositories.
6 >>
7 >> Thanks for showing at least one of the alternatives.
8 >
9 > +1.
10 >
11 > FWIW, I think most of the innovation in review UX (insofar as there is
12 > any) is happening on ReviewBoard, which is another FOSS review-only
13 > tool, written on top of Django. A Python-based app might also be more
14 > hackable for the Gentoo dev audience and possibly more
15 > security-sensible. I know that Mozilla is starting to deploy it quite
16 > successfully.
17 >
18 > Cheers,
19 >
20 > Dirkjan
24 I'm a big fan of ReviewBoard, and actually set up an instance against
25 gx86 a few years ago. Unfortunately there was minimal interest at the
26 time, and it seems not a great deal more now.