From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newsitem: important fstab and localmount update, round 3
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 19:17:49
1 On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 3:13 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Unfortunately there isn't another way to limit the audiance further.
4 >
5 > People can have openrc and systemd installed at the same time, and they
6 > can have openrc installed on *bsd.
9 If somebody has openrc and systemd both installed, they should receive
10 the notice. That is completely appropriate. You can't read their
11 minds and tell which installed packages they really care about.
12 Obviously it will be nice if we fix the functions.sh bugs and then
13 removing openrc is simpler, but that isn't your issue.
14
15 I agree the *bsd issues are non-ideal. The conditional logic in the
16 news items is unfortunately a bit limited.
20 Rich