From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclasses for XEmacs lisp
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 18:59:30
1 Hans de Graaff kirjoitti:
2 > On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 17:33 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >
4 >> Would it be possible to have one set of eclasses that handles both
5 >> XEmacs and Emacs?
6 >
7 > Possible, yes, but I don't think it is practical. Even though the
8 > general steps to compile and install elisp are the same for GNU Emacs
9 > and XEmacs, there are also a lot of finicky little implementation
10 > details that are different. There would not be a lot of joined code, I
11 > think.
12 >
13 >> xemacs-elisp-install () { insinto etc should be wrapper in a subshell so
14 >> that it can't change the env of the caller.
15 >
16 > While looking for some examples I found that not many eclasses currently
17 > do this, so perhaps this is good advice for others as well? Petteri's
18 > own java-utils-2.eclass does support this, obviously, and so will the
19 > xemacs eclass.
20 >
21 > Kind regards,
22 >
23 > Hans
24
25 Yeah you can usually get away with it.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri