From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Need Help: Creating a new third party package
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:56:08
1 On 11/16/05, Zou, Yixiong <yixiong.zou@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am trying to create a gentoo package for some internal software. I
5 > followed
6 > several Howtos online and created the ebuild file for my package. But
7 > somehow
8 > ebuild always return me the same error over and over again:
9 >
10 > $ ebuild ./component-template-0.1.0.ebuild digest
11 > Invalid package name in package.provided: component-template-0.1
12 > !!! aux_get(): ebuild path for 'mycat/component-template-0.1.0' not
13 > specified:
14 > !!! None
15 > !!! aux_get(): ebuild path for 'mycat/component-template-0.1.0' not
16 > specified:
17 > !!! None
18 > doebuild(): aux_get() error reading mycat/component-template-0.1.0;
19 > aborting.
20 Most likely the ebuild is not in the component-template folder.
21
22 This is a requirement.
23 >
24 > I did google for this error, most say that it is because of the
25 > PORTDIR_OVERLAY.
26 > But I do have PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage" in my /etc/make.conf
27 > file.
28 > And I can upgrade existing Gentoo packages after modifying them. For
29 > example,
30 > I copied over the xmlrpc-c-0.9 to the /usr/local/portage/dev-libs/ and
31 > changed
32 > it to xmlrpc-c-1.03.07 and it worked liked a charm. It is just my
33 > packages
34 > are somehow not recognized by portage.
35 >
36 > I read it somewhere that the category name "mycat" has to be an entry
37 > listed in
38 > /usr/portage/profiles/categories. I added "mycat" into the categories,
39 > still
40 > the same result. Plus, this doesn't make sense because the "emerge
41 > --sync"
42 > would remove it.
43 put it in /etc/portage/profiles/categories
44 >
45 > Any body has any ideas where I am doing wrong? It can't be this
46 > difficult to
47 > create a new package for Gentoo, can it?
48 >
49 > Or do I have to use gensync to create my own portage tree for this? And
50 > if
51 > I have to, anyone can point me to how to do that? There are documents
52 > on how
53 > to use gensync, but not how to create a 3rd-party portage tree.
54 >
55 > BTW, my "emerge --sync" takes more than 15 minutes to finish. Anybody
56 > has the
57 > same problem?
58 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/blog/archives/2005-10.html#e2005-10-12T23_59_53.txt
59 >