From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: "Åsmund Skjæveland" <aasmunds@××××××××××××××××××.no>
Cc: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installing Gentoo Linux without internet?
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:52:37
1 On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Åsmund Skjæveland wrote:
2
3 > Just allow me to quote the lower right corner of
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/:
5 >
6 > "Questions, Comments, Corrections? Email gentoo-dev@g.o."
7
8 That is what it says, so you're doing what you should do. We don't have a
9 mailing list policy, so it's essentially free-for-all. The -dev/-user
10 split currently serves little purpose except allow for cross-posting.
11
12 That's not to say we're not going to get a suitable mailing list policy in
13 the future. Currently, it's just not on the top of our priority list.
14
15 > It also doesn't say anywhere that you have to be subscribed to the
16 > list first or read the mailing list archives to get any answers.
17
18 As we've disabled the horrible reply-to munging, you don't have to do
19 subscribe or be forced to read the web archives anymore, as long as people
20 follow their mailers' default practice about replying to all senders, you
21 will get a proper and timely response.
24 Kind regards,
25
26 Karl T