From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Nvidia-kernel drivers masked....
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:26:38
1 >>What kind of automated installer is this? I thought about writing one
2 >>myself, but that might not be necessary if there is one already that i
3 >>haven't found yet.
4 >
5 > You could help with the gentoo-installer project, if you like writing
6 > installers.
7
8 Well, i thought that Dax was talking about something like a automated
9 deployment system. I you think of a network with many systems, there
10 could be a master-system that deployes the compiled packages to the
11 clients. That's what i would like to write. Seperatly installing gentoo
12 on many systems - even with an automated installer - is to much waste of
13 CPU time - especially, if many of the system have the same hardware and
14 just differ by some configuration files.
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list