From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Change in mentoring requirements
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:18:18
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto kirjoitti:
3 >> There's one thing that you're not addressing though. We have different
4 >> types of developers amongst us, so how do we count the 6 months period?
5 >> Let me explain more fully. At this point, I could mentor someone into
6 >> becoming a new moderator in the forums, but I don't think anyone would
7 >> support me being an ebuild dev mentor - not being one myself yet. IIRC,
8 >> documentation devs don't need to be ebuild devs. Does anyone propose
9 >> that I could be a docs dev mentor - not being part of the team? Finally,
10 >> should a 6+ month ebuild dev, recently becoming part of the docs or
11 >> forums moderation team, be allowed to be a mentor for those teams?
12 >> Perhaps we should require that the dev be part of Gentoo for at least
13 >> six months and in the case of mentoring for the forums or the docs team,
14 >> that he/she has the blessing of the team lead(s) - in case the dev isn't
15 >> part of the respective team for at least X months. Do we want X to be 6
16 >> months?
17 >> Anyone agrees/disagrees?
21 > From http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/recruiters/mentor.xml
22 > "In addition, your project lead must be CC'd and must approve the bug
23 > when it's filed to confirm that the project is accepting new developers."
24 >
25 > I doubt the docs team approves you as a mentor.
26 >
27 > Regards,
28 > Petteri
31 Yes, I wasn't thinking too well yesterday.
32 Just because someone fulfills the requirements to become a mentor, that
33 doesn't mean that he / she can be a mentor for a specific project.
34 Projects can impose additional requirements.
35 Thanks and sorry for wasting people's time.
39 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
40 Gentoo-forums / Userrel
41 --
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list