From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for alternative to RESTRICT=userpriv
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 09:15:17
1 On 07/08/2014 09:25, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > 3) qmail-related ebuilds that needed to access restricted files (no
4 > details yet).
5
6 I believe this relates to /var access. qmail is noted in our security
7 guide[1] for its desire to want to install itself into /var/qmail[2],
8 including binaries, libs, etc.
9
10 1. http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/security/security-handbook.xml?part=1&chap=4
11 2. http://cr.yp.to/qmail/var-qmail.html
14 Joshua Kinard
15 Gentoo/MIPS
16 kumba@g.o
17 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
18
19 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
20 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
21
22 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic