From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] category sci-geosciences redundant ?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:57:33
1 maillog: 16/03/2005-21:20:12(-0500): Andrew D. Fant types
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > | is it just me or does it seem redundant to have 'sciences' at the end
4 > of a
5 > | sci-* category ? wouldnt it make more sense as just 'sci-geo' ?
6 >
7 > Would sci-geo be geography or geology or geosciences?
8
9 Seeing how often geography and geoscience appear next to each other
10 (try Google), it would be even beneficial to put them in the same
11 category.
12
13 About geology:
14 Quote from http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=geoscience:
15
16 ge·o·sci·ence
17 n.
18 Any one of the sciences, such as geology or geochemistry, that deals
19 with the earth.
20
21 So, sci-geo is good on this count.
24 > Georgi Georgiev > I have great faith in fools -- self >
25 < chutz@×××.net < confidence my friends call it. -- Edgar <
26 > +81(90)6266-1163 > Allan Poe >