From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP81 home directory guidelines
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 13:39:32
1 On 8/17/19 4:35 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Sat, 17 Aug 2019, Michael Orlitzky wrote
3 >
4 > Same for the "sshd" user, which IIRC chroots to /var/empty, but must
5 > not (be able to) write to that dir.
8 OpenSSH is configurable in this regard, but this was a prescient
9 example. OpenNTPd has a similar ./configure option for its chroot
10 directory -- and then ignores it and chroots to $HOME anyway.
11
12 In cases like that, probably the best we can do is to use a "unique"
13 user and home directory, insofar as we can do that.
14
15 I'll keep it in mind as a counterexample when writing the devmanual patch.