From: Gontran <locuchon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new guides
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:12:56
1 Hi Achim, devers,
2
3 I'm willing to sort through any docs you care to write and correct for
4 English grammar and whatnot, I stand to learn something about the project that
5 way.
6
7 On another note ...
8
9 Bled the ISO last night, hoping to boot the kernel on VIA board with Cyrix MII
10 (via chipset: VT82C598MVP), grub popped up nicely (yea!), selected top option,
11 got some proper looking boot messages then all kind of scrolling hex numbers
12 and total lock.
13
14 I understand that there's some issues with some via sets ... have a 486 with
15 32 Mb I'll try next, I'd give it a shot now, but it won't boot off the cdrom
16 and I find myself without a working 3.5 floppy drive for bootdisk making.
17 Any insights?
18
19 Gontran
20