From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Initiation rites: sys-auth
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:36:51
1 Michele Noberasco posted <20050629100231.180a07b4@khazad-dum>, excerpted
2 below, on Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:02:31 +0200:
3
4 > On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:03:59 +0200
5 > "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > imho sys-apps/qingy should also belong here...
8 >
9 > What about kdm and gdm?
10
11 Don't know about gdm, but kdm is part of KDE core, kdebase even, and from
12 my observations, the KDE herd is pretty keen on keeping all that under
13 kde-base, so that's a pretty definite and emphatic NO on it (unless you
14 want to take over /all/ of kdebase, and possibly all of kde core,
15 everything in kde-base). They want all of kde core kept nice and
16 manageable under kde-base, and I don't blame them one bit, considering how
17 the tarballs are delivered from upstream.
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
23 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list