From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ada compiler: split complete, naming suggestions for gnat-gpl?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:34:38
1 On Sunday 15 January 2006 19:54, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Ok, I got the answer from upstream and, as I expected, 2005 refers to the
3 > language specification and is not a release version. Upstream in fact is
4 > undecided at this point on what naming/versioning scheme it is going to
5 > use, so we need to come up with something.. Then 3.4.5.1 seems as good to
6 > me as 2005, probably even better (than the latter) since it is more
7 > descriptive (and is in fact easier to follow technically).
8
9 Alternatively, if you use something low like 0.0_pre20050124, the upgrade path
10 to whatever version name is chosen is easy and uncumbersome. Of course don't
11 do this if it's likely to be years for a proper version to be chosen.
12
13 Paul
16 Paul de Vrieze
17 Gentoo Developer