From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new package
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:41:46
1 "Jerry A!" wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 05:45:45PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 > : "Jerry A!" wrote:
5 > : >
6 > : > I'll do it. I'll just have to be very careful. I'll probably start
7 > : > tackling it by the beginning of next week. And I'll make sure I give a
8 > : > general alert/heads up.
9 > :
10 > : The only package that really needs care is ORBit. About 50 packages are
11 > : in dev-perl.
12 > : I personaly thought that using the sources name as we did it till now
13 > : makes more sense since it reduces the typing in the scripts.
14 > : But if you guys are not happy with that change it.
15 >
16 > Hmm... Something to consider here. I was thinking that user
17 > expectations are for things to be consistent. You know, we could always
18 > try and modify the portage code to ignore case.
19 >
20 > Daniel, what do you think of that?
21 >
22 > : PS: Jerry have you tested pgcc and is there a package in the tree that I
23 > : can use here?
24 >
25 > Sorry, it's still sitting on my machine waiting for some more tests.
26 > I'm one of those people who hates committing anything to a tree before
27 > unless it's more-or-less done. I'll commit what I have when I get home.
30 Well that doesn't work for me because I'm testing packages during
31 development on different machines with different ARCH,OPT and USE flags.
32 But I only change current-packages if I'm sure the package is stable.
33
34 achim~
35
36 > --Jerry
37 >
38 > name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
39 > phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
40 > email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
41 > || than that!
44 > gentoo-dev mailing list
45 > gentoo-dev@g.o