From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>, lavajoe@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-portage/genlop: ChangeLog genlop-0.30.8.ebuild
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:22:33
1 On Wednesday 26 September 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>:
3 > > Thanks for the tip. I added "failed to install genlop (via dobin)" -
4 > > not sure if there is a standard way to do this, as it seems many
5 > > ebuilds just do "dobin failed", and some do "failed to install ...".
6 >
7 > It is mainly to localise which die command caused the halt. So I know
8 > of no standard.
9
10 if there is just one call to die in a function, then i usually dont bother ...
11 but if there are multiple ones (possibly nested), then it can easily save
12 time
13 -mike