From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge debug mode
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:53:02
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Seemant Kulleen wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:36:08 -0500
5 >> Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
8 >>> Is there a way to run emerge in a debug mode to see where it is
9 >>> getting its dependencies? I'm trying to figure out what package I have
10 >>> installed that is trying to bring back a bunch of gnome programs and
11 >>> libs that I unmerged last night. Before unmerging each of them, I made
12 >>> sure with 'qpkg -q -nc -I pkgname' that nothing depended on them.
13 >>>
14 >> grep for gnome in the DEPEND and RDEPEND files in /var/db/pkg
17 > Thank you. This looks like exactly what I was looking for. I found 15
18 > packages or so that were built with the 'gnome' flag that I'm rebuilding
19 > now.
20
21 Now if only I could find a replacement for gnome-terminal :)
24 Andrew Gaffney
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list